Monday, April 24, 2006

I got bored so now I Blog

I was reading the dilbert-blog I'n which Scott Adams asked people to submit ideas for the Dilbert strip based on their real life experiences.
I entered a few of my own and started reading through everyone elses responces. I felt the sudden urge to create a blog dedicated to my random rants as a form of self therapy. well its free and phycologists cost like $150 an hour.

S0 here is my dilbertarian idea


Just after I started my current job this incident happened

IT tech sitting at Server grumbling about not being able to find drivers for the new printer.
Me, "Why don't you Google for them"
IT tech "what is Google???"
Me slaps forehead

Or this encounter with my PHB just last week

I arrive on Monday morning to find a note on my desk
"Please change your password to the correct one please"
PHB then arrives and the following conversation takes place
PHB "You got my note? I need you to change your password to the standard one"
Me "Ah that defeats the purpose of having a password"
PHB "But I need to be able to access your computer for upgrades and such"
Me "That is what your administrator access is for"
PHB "Yes but you still need to change your password so anyone else can use your computer if they need to"
Me "No They can use their own logon if they want to do that"

It ended in a stalemate, I didn’t change my password and PHB didn’t get to check my web history to see how I’d been spending so much time at dilbert.com and the Dilbert blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home